6 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Role: Media Assistant
Reporting to: Chief Engineering and Technology Officer
Location: Ealing Studios
Job Classification: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week on average, based on a 7-day fortnight shift pattern
Racecourse Media Group is the umbrella organisation for those 35 racecourses which hold an interest in Racing TV (Sky 426, Virgin 536 and 411), Racing TV International (international betting shop/digital service) and Racecourse Data Company (licensor of Pre-Race Data). Racing TV and Racing TV International also broadcast racing from all 26 Irish racecourses.
An opportunity to work for the leading horse racing media rights organisation, supporting the
Engineering & Media Management team in a variety of RMG archive and tapeless tasks at their
broadcast facility in Ealing, West London.
In this role you will handle a variety of different forms of media and training will be given in IPD, media storage systems, file processing and file delivery facilities. This role is perfect for someone who is looking to start their career in the horse racing / broadcast industry. This is a development opportunity, and the successful candidate will be trained on the job. They will be required to work as part of a broader team as well as individually.
- Support the effective operation of media systems and workflows
- Assist in the duplication of our LTO7 archive for offsite backup
- Assist with the upcoming project to ingest our historic archive from video tape
- Liaise with MCR and the Technical Manager on resolution of any technical issues – first point of contact to receive reports of problems, and log appropriately
- Manage media during peak demand periods, including weekends and out of hours
- Apply retention schedules to media and storage protocols
- Log metadata and check all media archived to the Spectra LTO tape robot
- Assist with the delivery and management of ITV Racing’s archive requirements
Measures for the role:
- Adherence to completion of work by key deadlines
- Compliance with RMG’s media management processes and procedures
- Meeting customer expectations (both internal & external customers)
How to apply:
Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com by Sunday 19th June 2022.
RMG Operations is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, age or political or religious belief in its recruitment or other employment policies.
Apply for Media Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Media and Journalism £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time jobs in London (West)
- Editorial £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time jobs in London (West)
- Digital Media £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time jobs in London (West)
- Technical £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time jobs in London (West)
- Finance and IT £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time jobs in London (West)