Nights Supervisor at the Hilton Garden Inn
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Night Supervisor Overview
The successful Night Supervisor will assist in organizing and controlling the maximization of occupancy and profitability of the hotel accommodation, whilst ensuring customer service is of the highest standard during night shifts.
Along with assisting in the control of the front of house operation and support the F&B team where needed. To be the Night Duty Manager where applicable, dealing with all requests and queries. Working collaboratively throughout the night, supporting in all areas of the hotel, to ensure the operation is ready for the next day. To assist in the security of the building ensuring the safety of guest and hotel property. Supporting and working within the Racecourse lodge when required.
Night Supervisor Main Duties
- To ensure that all departmental service standards are maintained at all times by all Front Office personnel.
- To assume the role of any front office/night team member should business levels demand it.
- To monitor use of daily Accounts/ Night handover book and check corrective action is carried out where necessary.
- Handle complaints or enquirer with immediate action; speak to the departments concerned with a through follow up to the guest. Ensure all points are logged in the Duty Managers
- To be able to deal with any reasonable requests from guest in a professional manner.
- To strive, anticipate customer needs whenever possible, and react to these to enhance customer satisfaction in line with the Company’s Mission Possible training programme.
- To ensure safety floor checks are carried out during the night, according to Company standards.
- To ensure the correct operation of all night systems and to spot check postings made by night reception and the standard of work produced.
- Prepare, check and monitor department forecasts and rota’s to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet the service and business needs.
- Ensure that all new Company practices and procedures are actioned immediately.
- Ensure team awareness of hotel facilities, restaurant / bar opening times, hotel promotions, product, services and disabled facilities
- Ensure teams knowledge of local area and events.
- To deputise for the Night Manager and be the Night Duty Manager, when required.
- Previous experience of working within a Front Office role in a hotel
- Previous experience in a Supervisor role is an advantage
- Previous experience of hotel systems
- Previous experience of OnQ is an advantage
- Open and honest
- Supports, develops and encourages others
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company Group.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.