Race Timing Operator
About Total Performance Data
Total Performance Data is at the forefront of sports data technology, revolutionising the horse racing industry by using cutting edge technology across a global customer base. We work in collaboration with engineers from Cambridge’s ‘Silicon Fen’ to provide innovative data to the world of racing. Total Performance Data is a pioneer in capturing in-race speed and biometric data from racecourses around the world and commercialising live data feeds.
We have experienced exponential growth, currently distributing live data across 80 racetracks globally, with over 400,000 data points on horses from 50,000 races and counting. In the last 12 months we have tracked The Saudi Cup in Riyadh, The Breeders Cup at Del Mar, The Gran Premio Latinamericano at Hipodromo Chile, The St Leger at Doncaster and the Welsh Grand National at Chepstow...
We're now looking for an race timing operator based in the Lingfield area. The successful candidate will manage and operate our race tracking system at Lingfield and other racecourses in the South of England.
· Setting up equipment on the day of racing fixtures
· Managing tracking devices at each racecourse (based in weighing room)
· Monitoring operation of the system during racing
· Ensuring all of the devices are charged and working for data capture
· Reporting faults and sending trackers for repairs
· Collecting devices and transporting them to the next racing location
· Keeping the kit in good working order and manage repairs and replacements
· Operating across other regions as part of a team of Operators
· Cross checking data is correct against official race times
-You will be supported remotely at all times.
The successful candidate will have:
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Excellent computer literacy.
· Good customer service skills.
· Punctuality and good timekeeping skills.
· A self-starter attitude with a desire to be independent in your work
· The ability to travel to racing fixtures with equipment
· A valid UK Drivers Licence and you own car (associated expenses will be covered)
· An interest in equine sports or horseracing is welcome, but is not essential
Days and hours:
- You will operate approximately 140 fixtures per year
· You will operate primarily at Lingfield, Fontwell, Plumpton and Brighton but will, at times, be expected to cover other tracks in the South of England. Lingfield will be your 'home' track.
The racing calendar varies widely. Fixtures run throughout the year, on all days of the week and successful candidates must be prepared to work weekends and public holidays.
You will be at the course for about 6-7 hours each workday arriving approximately 2-3 hours before racing starts. Days and hours are variable, but not flexible, and depend on the racing calendar for racedays in your territory.
£13 per hour plus a monthly discretionary bonus
Travel time, mileage expenses and associated work costs will be paid whilst working away from your 'home' track.
Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications that we receive we may not respond to all applicants.
If you do not live within 1 hour’s driving distance of Lingfield, please understand that the commuting involved would not be sustainable for you and we will not be in contact with you regarding this position.