1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Godolphin is the largest and most global racing team in the world with an impressive tally of 370 Group 1 wins in 14 countries since our inception.
As one of the world’s most successful racing stables, we know all too well that our achievements are a result of the amazing team behind the scenes.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Stable Hand to be based at our Carbine Lodge operation located at Flemington Racecourse, in Melbourne.
As a full-time stable hand, you will be an integral part of our team. This role is responsible for the general day to day care of our quality racehorses. You will prepare and accompany horses to daily trackwork and present horses on race day. Stable hand experience is preferred but not essential.
We are seeking a passionate, reliable, and hard-working person whose love and admiration for horses is as great as ours. You must be flexible, have a positive attitude, good work ethic and be willing to go above and beyond in your role.
- Carry out daily stable tasks including; mucking out, rugging, swimming, walker, trot up’s and assisting with farrier, vet, chiropractor and dentist.
- Routine health checks, monitoring basic health and welfare of horses, recognising signs of injury and / or signs of a healthy or unhealthy horse reporting concerns.
- Preparation of horses and gear for race meetings and trials attendance, including appropriate person presentation and performing official race and post-race meeting duties.
- Taking nominated horses to and from the races/trials.
- Leading assigned horses to and from trackwork.
- Comply with company polices, procedures and industry requirements relating to safety and animal welfare, including Rules of Racing.
- Sound horse handling skills, with experience and confidence handling thoroughbreds in full training.
- Understanding of horse health care and welfare requirements, with prior experience in providing direct daily care.
- Understanding of the thoroughbred racing industry.
- Sound communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a globally successful company.
- Working with top quality horses, bred and trained by Godolphin.
- Opportunity to attend race days.
- Top class working conditions, including above award wages High quality uniforms.
- Accommodation available for the right applicant.
Preferably, the applicant will be able to start as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to work alongside horses such as: Anamoe, Cascadian, and Paulele, just to name a few.
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
Godolphin currently have a range of positions available across multiple sites and states. If you think you have what it takes to wear the Godolphin Blue, please don’t hesitate to send in your cover letter and resume.
Apply for Stable Hand
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly