1 day left
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Nottingham Greyhound Stadium are on the look out for a Paddock Steward to join our team. This is a part time role with the hours of work being 4.30pm – 9.30pm Monday and Friday and 9.30am – 2.30pm Wednesday and Thursday.
The Paddock Stewards play a very important role in ensuring the racing paddock is run to professional standards and in line with Greyhound Board of Great Britain Rules of Racing, to enable the stadium to meet its commitments to stage race and trial meetings.
Responsibilities and Duties
Paddock Steward duties include:
- Ensuring all greyhounds are kennelled correctly and securely once they have been identified and weighed by racing office staff and been checked by the Veterinary Surgeon on duty
- Identifying all greyhounds using a microchip scanner prior to their race or trial
- Checking all greyhounds’ jackets and muzzles are correctly fitted prior to their race or trial
- Ensuring all greyhounds are locked away for a minimum period of 15 minutes after their race or trial
- Collecting point of registration and ad hoc urine samples as requested by the Racing Manager
- Ensuring only licensed personnel enter the racing paddock
- Assisting the Veterinary Surgeon as and when required
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.