Salary: Competitive (DOE)
Weatherbys has been a family run business since 1770 carrying forward the reputation of being an exciting place to work and grow. We appreciate and value all our employees and strive to ensure everyone is provided with the opportunity to develop and play an active role in achieving the organisation's aims and vision.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our artwork team to provide an outstanding artwork service for the company and its customers. The ability to ensure that all work is completed to the required standard and within the timescales determined by specific production deadlines is essential. To assist as required, with the production of racecards, in addition to other artwork and design requirements of the department.
- To be fully conversant in the use of and have an appropriate level of competence in all the applications required in the daily operation of the department.
- To ensure that all artwork is produced to the highest possible quality, to agreed timescales and in compliance with any specific instructions stipulated by the customer.
- A have a good understanding of brand and corporate guidelines. To undertake page make-up and file output required in the racecard production process, ensuring that all racecards are produced to the required specifications.
- To ensure all costs for time and materials required for each job undertaken within the area are recorded when the job is completed.
- To liaise closely with all internal and external customers and all other areas within the department, to ensure continuity of service during the production process and the highest standards of customer service.
- To create and produce artwork for digital platforms.
- To show a flexible attitude towards providing cover within the department in the event of holidays, illness or overtime requirements.
- To provide support to other areas of the department as and when required.
- To ensure the companies Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
- Must deliver first class customer service through verbal and written communication, with clear and concise instructions to other members of the print and fulfilment team to ensure first class delivery of items being produced.
- Having the ability to continually learn, take on feedback, try new things, adapt, grow and change with the business.
- Fully conversant with Desktop Publishing applications for the creation of print and digital.
- Understanding of production and pre-press processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A knowledge of Horse Racing is desirable.
- Providing print and digital artwork services on a variety of products and services, using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and bespoke software.
- Ensuring that content is error free and produced in most efficient manner possible
Closing Date: 12th August 2022
Interviews will take place week commencing the 15th August 2022
Weatherbys upholds the principles of equality and diversity and actively promotes opportunity for all employees, both current and prospective.