Hotel Sales Manager- Hilton Garden Inn
Who is ARC?
The newest addition to Doncaster Racecourse, the Hilton Garden Inn boasts 154 bedrooms, 2 conference and exhibition suites, a banqueting site, Restaurant and Bar. A popular addition to many racegoers and the perfect facility for guests visiting Doncaster on both leisure and business. Part of a multinational hotel chain of over ? hotels with a reputation that proceeds it, the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel ticks all the boxes. If you want to be part of a hardworking, customer focused team striving for excellence, the Hilton Garden Inn is for you.
Arena Racing Company is a leading innovator in the Sport Industry, with 29 locations in England and Wales compromising of 16 Horse Racing Venues, 5 Greyhound Stadia, 3 Golf Courses, 3 Hotels and 1 Pub along with our recent expansion to Media.
ARC is an exciting organisation to work for. We have a wide range of roles within the business from Permanent to Casual, Full time to Part time, Indoor or Outdoor roles, If you’re looking for a role where two days aren’t the same and a company to help you progress, ARC has a role for you.
To drive hotel revenue by effectively marketing and selling the hotel within the local and national market place. To increase the share and profitability of existing accounts and secure new business across all market segments. To increase revenue from the conference and event market by researching and targeting business in competitor hotel and venues, both locally and nationally. With a key focus on growing meeting and events income across the site. Working closely with the hotel team and the sales hubs, to ensure all events and quotes are delivered in line with group costing and pricing.
- Work with the hotel General Manager and key team members to strengthen current relationships within the local community. Represent the hotel at seminars, business events etc to maximise networking opportunities to raise the profile/awareness of the hotel.
- Review and manage the Sales and Marketing budget/P&L and allocated expenditure to ensure most effective use of funds available.
- Ensure effective use of the Salesforce CRM system. All Sales activities must be recorded and Salesforce updated as per the minimum standards of use.
- Ensure effective use of the Sharepoint system to produce Marketing collateral.
- Submit a monthly Sales Report to the GM and Sales Director.
- Prepare and complete other reports and presentations as required by the General Manager.
- Experience/track record of sales management in a hotel or large conference venue.
- Proven track record of quoting and selling large scale events
- Strong awareness of commerciality when quoting for events
- Strong commercial outlook – sales and revenue driven.
- Excellent sales, customer care, account management and negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic and good team player.
- Report writing skills and able to use word, excel spreadsheets and powerpoint for presentations.
Personal Development and Bonuses
- Rewards for your hard work with discretionary group annual bonus schemes
- Your opinion matters with our employee referral scheme
- We want to help you progress with internal development programmes
- Need extra support? Study assistance schemes are available for your role
Days Out & Leave
- Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members passes, giving access to over 500 racedays and hospitality & room rate discounts at ARC venues (Subject to availability)
- Discounted event days (Subject to availability)
- Because we value the work-life balance we offer an Annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days! (Increasing on your work anniversary pro-rata to 23 days for 2 years’ service, 24 days for 3 years, 25 days for 4 years, 26 days for 5 years, 27 days for 10 years, 28 days for 15 years)
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
- Company life assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
- Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
- Cycle to work scheme
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.