Retail and Logistics Manager
- Arena Racing Company
- SL4 5JJ, Windsor
- 05 Aug 2022
- 05 Sep 2022
- Sales and Sponsorship, Sales
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term Contract, Full Time
Who is ARC?
Arena Racing Company is a leading innovator in the Sport Industry, with 29 locations in England and Wales compromising of 16 Horse Racing Venues, 5 Greyhound Stadia, 3 Golf Courses, 3 Hotels and 1 Pub along with our recent expansion to Media.
ARC is an exciting organisation to work for. We have a wide range of roles within the business from Permanent to Casual, Full time to Part time, Indoor or Outdoor roles, If you’re looking for a role where two days aren’t the same and a company to help you progress, ARC has a role for you.
To develop, lead and manage a motivated, trained team with the appropriate skills to deliver a profitable Retail & cellar operation and ensure all budget targets are achieved. To excel in the areas of operational excellence, financial performance and customer / client satisfaction to achieve company and client objectives within all Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure all products are correctly priced in line with the company’s pricing strategy whilst accounting for client specifications.
- Identify any additional opportunities and discuss with line manager.
- Action plans are developed and delivered following consumers satisfaction surveys.
- To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques, promotional activity, product knowledge, employee training and development, ranging.
- Ensure all customer requirements are communicated to all departments in advance to ensure effective planning.
- Complete labour schedule within the labour budget.
- Effectively minimise any unnecessary spend.
- Adjust labour schedule in line with sales.
PLEASE NOTE- This role is temporary for 6 months, travel to other venues including Lingfield Park Resort and others may be required.
It is desirable for the successful candidate to hold-
- Food Hygiene certificate.
- Experience of leading and managing a small team of people.
- Minimum 3 years catering experience.
Personal Development and Bonuses
- Rewards for your hard work with discretionary group annual bonus schemes
- Your opinion matters with our employee referral scheme
- We want to help you progress with internal development programmes
- Need extra support? Study assistance schemes are available for your role
Days Out & Leave
- Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members passes, giving access to over 500 racedays and hospitality & room rate discounts at ARC venues (Subject to availability)
- Because we value the work-life balance we offer an Annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days! (Increasing on your work anniversary pro-rata to 23 days for 2 years’ service, 24 days for 3 years, 25 days for4 years, 26 days for 5 years, 27 days for 10 years, 28 days for 15 years)
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
- Company life assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
- Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
- Cycle to work scheme
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.