Who is ARC?
Arena Racing Company is a leading innovator in the Sport Industry, with 29 locations in England and Wales compromising of 16 Horse Racing Venues, 5 Greyhound Stadia, 3 Golf Courses, 3 Hotels and 1 Pub along with our recent expansion to Media.
ARC is an exciting organisation to work for. We have a wide range of roles within the business from Permanent to Casual, Full time to Part time, Indoor or Outdoor roles, If you’re looking for a role where two days aren’t the same and a company to help you progress, ARC has a role for you.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced Sous Chef to be part of our Catering Team and join us in delivering an excellent customer experience across a diverse range of exciting events.
If you're tired of working every evening and weekend, and want a great work life balance whilst still developing your culinary career in a fast paced environment then this is could be the role for you.
Based at Royal Windsor Racecourse the Sous Chef will work under the direction of the the Head Chef to deliver the culinary offering across all racedays at one of the regions most exciting sports venues, You will also be at the forefront of the food development and delivery of our non raceday events business.
Key duties include:
Key duties for the role of Sous Chef include:
- Develop and deliver an innovative food offer across the venue's retail, hospitality and fine dining.
- To implement and adhere to the Company Food Safety Management System across all areas within remit.
- Work with the Head Chef to manage the Kitchen staff rota across all sites in remit, ensuring set cost targets are met.
- Take personal accountability for food safety compliance. Including, ensuring allergen information displayed correctly and teams are trained and briefed accordingly.
- Being aware of and supporting the delivery of financial targets
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 3 food preparation (or equivalent)
- Food Safety Certificate (or equivalent)
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Proven track record of supervising or leading a team
- Previous experience within a branded hotel is a distinct advantage
- Be able to work in a very fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage service and commodities
Personal Development and Bonuses
- Rewards for your hard work with discretionary group annual bonus schemes
- Your opinion matters with our employee referral scheme
- We want to help you progress with internal development programmes
- Need extra support? Study assistance schemes are available for your role
Days Out & Leave
- Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members passes, giving access to over 500 racedays and hospitality & room rate discounts at ARC venues (Subject to availability)
- Because we value the work-life balance we offer an Annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days! (Increasing on your work anniversary pro-rata to 23 days for 2 years’ service, 24 days for 3 years, 25 days for4 years, 26 days for 5 years, 27 days for 10 years, 28 days for 15 years)
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
- Company life assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
- Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
- Cycle to work scheme
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.