An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated Gallops Manager to join the team at Manton Park.
The successful candidate will have a hands-on role in the daily care of the gallops (comprised of woodchip, all-weather, and grass gallops) and the wider estate, and this offers an opportunity to continue the improvement and development of the grounds. The candidate must be skilled in the operation of modern agricultural machinery and have experience in estate maintenance, farming, or a similar industry. Experience in the management and upkeep of multi-surface gallops, and a working knowledge of irrigation systems is highly desirable.
The candidate will be someone who is passionate and takes pride in their work and will maintain the gallops to a high standard. They will need to be self-motivated, organised, and able to plan and prioritise their workload. The individual should be happy working both independently and as part of a small team.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the maintenance, preparation, and repair of the gallops.
- Tractor driving, including the distribution of hay and feed to yards, emptying muck trailers, and assisting with paddock maintenance.
- Assisting with any further duties that may be required to assist the wider farming team.
- Clear understanding and working within Health and Safety regulations.
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience working in a similar position. A passionate and dedicated Groundsperson with an excellent professional manner. Experience with the use and maintenance of garden tools and machinery. A positive “can-do” attitude with the ability to be flexible. Knowledge of Gallops agronomy.
This position is full-time, and a competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience. Accommodation is available if required.