Arena Racing Company does so much more than lead the UK’s largest horse racing group. We have 21 racing venues showcasing horse racing, greyhound racing, golf courses, hotels and events. In short, leisure, entertainment, media production and distribution are at the heart of what we do, making it an exciting and diverse place to work!
Our success is a team effort which is why we offer great opportunities for growth, development and career progression. After all, it’s our employees that enable us to offer first class service and create an electric atmosphere, all within an industry we love.
About the role:
Hereford Racecourse is looking to recruit at Head Grounds person for a full time permanent role.
The successful applicant will be expected to lead the team and deliver a quality racing surface all year round, manage the maintenance of the surrounding areas to the highest possible standard of presentation, as well as assisting in the operational aspects of racedays and events.
We are looking for the right person who can make a real difference to our business. You are likely to be working in a similar role with a proven track record in racecourse grounds and venue management.
What ARC can offer you....
Personal Development and Bonuses
• Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
• Employee referral scheme because your opinion matters
• Internal development programmes to help you progress
• Support with study through our study assistance schemes
Days Out & Leave
• Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members badges, giving access to over 500 racedays, as well as discounts on hospitality & room rates at ARC venues
• Because we value work-life balance we offer an annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days!
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
• Company life assurance scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
• Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
• Cycle to work scheme
And so much more......
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.