Racing Analyst (Casual)
We are currently looking for reliable and flexible people to join our horse racing and betting team on a casual basis.
As a UK Racing Analyst (Casual), you will be trained to accurately collect and distribute live racing data, primarily live betting shows and results for both domestic and international horse and greyhound racing.
What you’ll be doing
As a UK Racing Analyst (Casual), your main responsibilities will be:
- Accurately collate and publish all betting information, Starting Prices and allied race-day data for each assigned horse and greyhound racing meeting.
- To be able to manage and operate a manual process for collating an off-course betting show and SP for UK horse racing should the need arise.
- To be able work with our bespoke resources used within the team to produce live betting shows for international horse racing and domestic greyhound racing meetings.
Who you’ll be
We want to make sure you’re set for success so the key skills we’re looking for in the role are below.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility, ability to work within a team and without supervision
- Respond in a positive manner to any issues that may arise
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Demonstrate a complete understanding and correct use of all equipment provided to collate race-day and betting data
- Possess a full working knowledge of PA and SPRC Rules and Procedures
- Effective use of telephone and e-mail to communicate with key personnel within the Racing operation and, as necessary, racecourse personnel
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance and positively encourage agile working. We are always open to discuss an individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early. Shifts are required across evenings and weekends, based in Howden.
If you happen to be successful for the role you will also be required to undertake a Basic DBS check, Adverse Financial check and ID check.