Yulong Investments are seeking team members to join our yearling crew.
Based on our property near Nagambie in Victoria, this is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing Stud that is making an impact in the racing and breeding industry across Australia and Globally.
This would be a great opportunity for someone who has some horse experience and is confident handling younger horses to become involved in the exciting world of thoroughbred breeding.
Your duties will include:
- Feeding, grooming, box and paddock maintenance
- Handling and educating yearlings
- Hand walking and moving yearlings on and off the walker
- Assisting the vets and farriers
- Administering treatments and bandages under the direction of our veterinary team
- Attendance at sales (if suitably experienced)
- Assistance in other areas of the farm as required
We would like to hire people who have the following skills and qualities:
- A genuine passion and love for the horse
- A good work ethic and can do attitude
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and good observation skills
- Some experience handling young horses
Yulong is an advocate for teaching and developing our team members and if you are interested, you may have the opportunity to work in other areas of the farm.
We offer a fun and inclusive environment and an attractive salary package to the successful applicants. Off farm accommodation can also be provided.
Please send your resume to Katrina at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+61) 03 5796 2741 for more information.