An exciting opportunity has arisen within ARC for a Group Events Sales Manager (Maternity Cover) to lead the sales function for all non-Raceday events across our 21 unique venues.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Group Events Sales Manager (Maternity)
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
About the role:
Responsibility for successful delivery of the group events profit plan. As well as ensuring all the key responsibilities below are professionally managed and relevant targets are met or exceeded. The Group Events Sales Manager will lead a national team to deliver an effective sales process and for customers and the on-site event delivery teams. Key responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with racecourse leadership and the Head of Group Sales & Marketing, devise and implement the national and regional commercial plan to achieve profit plans.
- Manage a highly driven sales team of executives, each with a thorough understanding of our event product by venue. Ensuring they are incentivised and motivated to achieve pre-defined sales targets. Ensure the toolbox of sales initiatives are at the disposal of the team in order to maximise opportunity and conversion.
- Allocate resource to fit business need between enquiry management / pro-active business development.
- Continually monitor, track and analyse all revenue lines to ensure information is available to shift priority, implement tactical activity and for effective operational planning.
- Create a monthly forecast for all revenue lines at site and regional level.
- Work with the Head of Group Marketing and wider marketing team to create innovative ideas to enhance our events business.
- Ensure management systems are tightly controlled to ensure accurate customer data, pricing and costs are all in line.
- Continuously develop a sales team that uphold the group standards for customer service, gathering constant feedback and developing where necessary.
- Manage excellent communication between the regional commercial team and other teams involved in delivering the product.
- Ensure the client portfolio is effectively managed, liaising with high-value clients as a senior point of contact.
The person we are looking for as a will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior leadership role within an Events Sales environment
- Knowledge and experience of working within a multi-site company
- Gravitas, charisma and excellent people management skills
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Experience of managing line reports and diverse teams of people
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity; apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.