JOB TITLE: Operations Assistant
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
SALARY LEVEL: Subject to experience
HOURS OF WORK: Full time – 37.5 hours per week on an annualised basis covering additional hours for racedays as required.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hamilton Park are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Operations Assistant to join our award-winning team. As part of our small but dedicated team, the successful candidate will play an integral role in the preparation of the grounds and buildings, to ensure the resort is presented to the highest standard.
- Proactive and reactive maintenance, small works and refurbishment around the resort site. You will assist in completing a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the racecourse, from touching up paintwork, fixing a broken door, to mending a leaking tap.
- Minor carpentry, painting and plumbing jobs.
- Resort presentation for racedays and non raceday business.
- Moving furniture or equipment.
- Changing light bulbs and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order.
- Electrical testing (with appropriate guidance and training).
- Undertake duties as assigned by the Racecourse Operations & Experience Manager and Operations Supervisor.
The desired attributes looked for in the successful candidate are:
- Previous experience in a maintenance role or similar.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Good communication skills.
This description is intended to indicate the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive, but while some variation can be expected in particular duties, the description is considered to provide a reasonable general description of the post.
To apply for this opportunity please send you application and current CV to Stuart Heywood, Racecourse Operations & Experience Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org