John Thompson Racing at Royal Randwick is looking for an experienced Foreperson to join our team. We require a responsible and motivated team leader to manage the day to day running of our stable.
The successful applicant will be a competent horseman/woman who has a strong passion for the Racing Industry.
The position is a full-time role.
- Proven experience within the racing industry in a similar role highly desired.
- Proven management experience.
- Excellent horsemanship skills and a firm understanding of the training, care and nutrition of horses.
- Confident providing veterinary care and treatments, as well as being able to recognise injury and lameness.
- Excellent communication & time management skills.
- Highly reliable.
- Liaising directly with trainer and overseeing the daily running and organisation of the stable.
- Monitoring horses for soundness, injury or illness.
- Ensuring the horse's are well-fed and groomed.
- Monitor each horse’s nutritional needs and diet, recording eating habits.
- Assisting with veterinary treatments
- Directing and mentoring staff.
Renumeration will be commensurate with experience and skills and sponsorship is available.
To apply in confidence please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org