We are recruiting for a Senior Sous Chef at the Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Then we would love you to join the team here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse.
The Hilton Garden Inn is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse that recently opened in September 2018.
This exciting opportunity is for an ambitious and experienced Senior Sous Chef looking for a challenge and being able to drive the business forward, supporting the Head Chef. This is a truly unique venue, comprising of the Racecourse and Hotel all within one resort. This is a great position, being able to work collaboratively across the resort with massive scope within the role. This role is suited to someone who is already a Sous Chef looking for a new challenge or someone in a junior role, looking for their next step in their career.
The successful applicant will join a team of passionate operators who are working hard to deliver excellence in all what we do.
What will I be doing?
As Senior Sous Chef, you will work closely with the Head Chef to manage the kitchen within the Hilton restaurant and Conference and Event space, to deliver an excellent Guest and customer experience. The Senior Sous Chef will also be required to manage food provisions, assist with guest queries, and control costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure food is of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to menu creation by responding and incorporating Guest feedback.
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all restaurant food outlets.
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Head Chef
- Ensure resources support the business needs through the effective management of working rotations.
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the Team
- Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated Team
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
- GCSEs at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 3 food preparation (or equivalent)
- Food Safety Certificate (or equivalent)
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Proven track record of supervising or leading a team
- Previous experience within a branded hotel is a distinct advantage
- Be able to work in a very fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage service and commodities
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Calm under pressure
- Can act on own initiative
- Sets a good example
In return we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Hilton employee discounts
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
We look forward to hearing from you.