Hospitality & Events Coordinator
Job title: Hospitality & Events Co-ordinator
Based at: Newmarket
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Hospitality & Events Co-ordinator to join our team at Newmarket to provide exceptional administration delivering racedays and events to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Undertake all hospitality and event administration for their racecourse, supporting the regional sales function.
- Responsible for all hospitality administration, preparing all relevant information, for catering and operations teams, table plans and dietary requirements, any additional information.
- Direct point of contact for the customer after booking confirmed, liaising with the client to ensure they have the best experience, ordering and delivering any additional extras
- Direct contact for the operations and catering team on race days, to ensure smooth running of the race day, check clients to ensure they are having an enjoyable experience.
- Prepare function sheets for events, clarifying final detail from the client, and ensuring sign off for each event.
- Work with the Event Manager and Operations and Events Executives to ensure all aspects of events are invoiced for both pre and post event
- Provide support to the regional team where and when necessary.
- Ensure all administration is prepared in an efficient and timely manner.
- Liaise with finance on a regular basis to ensure that all clients have paid ahead of race days and events.
The successful candidate will have.
- An understanding of the sales and administration process
- An understanding of the requirements to run a successful event
- Relevant sales coordination work experience
- Experience of use of a system to administer and deliver events
- Previous experience in administration
- Knowledge of finance and related business systems
The successful candidate will be required to work evenings and weekends to support racing when necessary.
The closing date for applications is 5th December. We reserve the right to bring this date forward should we receive a large volume of applications.
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.
Please note, we cannot accept applications made directly to careers in racing, however, please mention Careers In racing in your application.