We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Venue Manager!
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Venue Manager with us at ARC…
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study assistant schemes
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Internal development programmes to help you progress
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
About the role:
Doncaster Racecourse is currently seeking a driven Venue Manager to join the team. Doncaster Racecourse is one of the busiest racecourses in the UK. Part of the Arena Racing Company (ARC), Doncaster Racecourse is a unique multipurpose venue welcoming over 120,000 guests to over 36 fixtures each year and over 200 conferences and events across the site. The venue offers more than just racing, with an on-site Hilton Garden Inn hotel, multipurpose conference and events facilities.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- You will be responsible for the catering, facilities, operations and guest experience teams, leading on all aspects of the design, execution, catering and operational delivery of the catering and guest experience strategy.
- Lead on all aspects of the catering, operations and guest experience across the whole site.
- Design and develop a framework of KPI’s and implement the steps needed to deliver them.
- Manage, own and implement the working model.
- Work collaboratively with all departments, focusing on streamlining the department.
- You will work in conjunction with the Group Head of Catering and Executive Director at Doncaster Racecourse to establish a set of values that will underpin ARC’s ongoing approach to food, beverage, operations, facility and the guest experience, along with food safety & health & safety in line with the company’s wider cultural values.
- You will own the site delivery for all events, and environmental compliance, practice and behaviour, within the Racing Division and across the broader Arena Racing Company estate. You will lead by example in actively promoting a culture where the food, beverage and guest experience of every team member & visitor is the number one priority.
- This role will drive continuous improvement of all food, beverage, hospitality, retail and EVH operations across the site. To include environmental compliance and purchasing across the group. You will own all of these initiatives ensuring appropriate prioritization.
The person we are looking for as Venue Manager has/is…
- Experience of leading and managing a team of people
- Experience in an office environment
- IT literate
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate at all levels
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Proven experience being accountable for the site catering P&L across all dept ID’s
- Eye for detail
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today!