Group Systems Accountant
Arena Racing Company does so much more than lead the UK’s largest horse racing group. We have 21 racing venues showcasing horse racing, greyhound racing, golf courses, hotels and events. In short, leisure, entertainment, media production and distribution are at the heart of what we do, making it an exciting and diverse place to work!
Our success is a team effort which is why we offer great opportunities for growth, development and career progression. After all, it’s our employees that enable us to offer first class service and create an electric atmosphere, all within an industry we love.
About the role
The role of the Group Systems Accountant is to work alongside Finance team colleagues and the wider team to develop the systems function within the business. In particular, the Group Systems Accountant will enhance the existing systems and increase efficiencies in processes across the Group.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Management of system administration as a ‘super user’ and acting as first support in relation to systems queries
- Supporting key projects as part of the continuous improvement of systems
- Liaison with internal stakeholders as well as 3rd party vendors to ensure systems issues / queries are resolved and upgrades are implemented
- Reviewing and maintaining all financial systems policies and procedures
- Training and supporting finance team members and non-finance colleagues in the use of financial systems and procedures
- Documenting of key business processes for all finance and related systems
- Project work to scope out potential improvements, best practice opportunities for finance and related systems
- Leading in the transformation of systems (implementation of new ERP system & EPM)
- Streamline and improve business reporting – documenting system processes
- Identify and escalate possible risk areas and enhance controls where necessary
- Ad-Hoc tasks where needed to provide support to the Group Financial Controller, Finance team colleagues, and the wider team
- 7-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must be qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Previous experience with implementation and management of ERP systems (use of Exchequer and the Oracle Suite is an advantage)
- Take initiative and the ability to work independently yet time efficiently
- Team player with pronounced numerical affinity and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
What ARC can offer you....
Personal Development and Bonuses
• Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
• Employee referral scheme because your opinion matters
• Internal development programmes to help you progress
• Support with study through our study assistance schemes
Days Out & Leave
• Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members badges, giving access to over 500 racedays, as well as discounts on hospitality & room rates at ARC venues
• Because we value work-life balance we offer an annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days!
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
• Company life assurance scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
• Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
• Cycle to work scheme
And so much more......
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.