PA to Chief Executive
- Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
- YO23 1EX, York
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 11 Jan 2023
- 11 Feb 2023
- Office and Administration, Secretarial
- Job Role
- Executive Assistant/PA
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PA to Chief Executive
York Racecourse, multi-award winning and one of the leading racecourses in the country, stages some of the best racing action in the world over an 18-raceday season from May to October, as well as hosting a large number of other high profile events including conferences, trade fairs, banquets and exhibitions.
We seek a PA with a passion for horseracing and exceptional attention to detail to provide administrative and operational support to the Chief Executive. This is a rare opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who will relish the challenge of a key, trusted role at the centre of the small, friendly and dedicated York Racecourse team. The role would suit an experienced PA/EA with an interest in the horseracing, sports or events industries working at the heart of this leading venue.
Responsibilities will include:
- Varied administrative support for the Chief Executive including correspondence, organising meetings, diary planning and management Arranging Board meetings and supporting on Board paper preparation, data analysis and report writing. After an appropriate handover process, managing the planning and invitation process for VIPs on racedays, functions and dinners hosted by the racecourse. Project work involving independent research, organisation, report writing and delivery. Being actively involved in raceday operations, including liaison with sponsors, boxholders, press, connections and officials. Supporting the Owners accreditation and entrance process both before and during racedays. Working proactively and flexibly as part of a small office team on a number of ad hoc tasks and projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a PA, EA or similar role (administrative, organisational and/or operational) with transferable skills, particularly exceptional attention to detail. Exceptional word processing, written English, analytical and IT skills, confident with all MS Office programs. A naturally welcoming, friendly and efficient manner, with the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to act as an ambassador for York Racecourse and build relationships at all levels. Confidence in a varied and at times time pressured role, able to prioritise, use judgement and discretion. Enthusiasm to learn, prepared to ‘jump in’ and undertake a wide range of administrative, operational and racing related tasks and to help others as part of a small, busy team Passion for, or knowledge of, the racing and the thoroughbred world as a distinct advantage
In return, we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits including: pension, holiday and time off in lieu, life cover (DIS) and racecourse-wide performance bonus scheme.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter, including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd
Strictly no agencies please, all direct and third party enquiries will be forwarded to Conundrum.