Arena Racing Company does so much more than lead the UK’s largest horse racing group. We have 21 racing venues showcasing horse racing, greyhound racing, golf courses, hotels and events. In short, leisure, entertainment, media production and distribution are at the heart of what we do, making it an exciting and diverse place to work!
Our success is a team effort which is why we offer great opportunities for growth, development and career progression. After all, it’s our employees that enable us to offer first class service and create an electric atmosphere, all within an industry we love.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an Office Manager/PA based at our Head Office in Millbank, London. The Office Manager/PA will provide key support to the Head Office team ensuring the smooth running of our offices as well as providing a welcoming and professional atmosphere to all of our visitors. In addition to being proactive about managing all the variables of the office day to day, you will also be a key support as Personal Assistant to two Managing Directors (Racing and Media) with ad hoc support to other senior team members.
• Primary point of contact for incoming calls. Answering the telephone, directing calls to relevant staff members.
• Keeping office documents, spreadsheets & staff lists updated
• Meeting and greeting guests, making them feel welcome.
• Maintaining meeting room booking arrangements.
• Setting up rooms for meetings and offering drinks to visitors before and during the meetings.
• Clearing down rooms after meetings.
• Collect, open and distribute the mail as well as sending out the mail at the end of each day.
• Maintain the smooth running of the office. Proactively sorting out any issues, ordering stationary, water, coffee etc.
• Dealing with providers and suppliers. Fielding sales calls.
• Ensuring all office staff are trained in fire evacuation and emergency procedures, and receive their office equipment, building security pass and feel welcomed.
• Liaising with building management
Personal Assistant to the Managing Directors – Racing & Media with ad hoc support to other senior team members
• Diary and inbox management to include booking meetings in person/teams
• Taking minutes as required, drafting correspondence
• Completing expense claims
• Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
• Arrange team away days and be present to coordinate and support on the day
• Ad hoc personal errands as and when required
• At least one year of experience as a PA or EA
• Enjoys speaking and dealing with people.
• Good ability to organise workload
• The ability to be proactive in problem solving
• Good IT skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Educated to GCSE standard, including Maths and English.
• Trustworthy & reliable
What ARC can offer you....
Personal Development and Bonuses
• Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
• Employee referral scheme because your opinion matters
• Internal development programmes to help you progress
• Support with study through our study assistance schemes
Days Out & Leave
• Want to experience a day on the other side? 2 Annual Members badges, giving access to over 500 racedays, as well as discounts on hospitality & room rates at ARC venues
• Because we value work-life balance we offer an annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days plus bank and public holidays- increasing on your work anniversaries up to 28 days!
Because your health & wellbeing comes first
• Company life assurance scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
• Eye tests and subsidy for glasses available to display screen users
• Cycle to work scheme
And so much more......
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society