Yulong Stud is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual for the Breaking and Pre-Training Manager position.
Based in Nagambie and reporting to the COO, the successful applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the breaking and conditioning of all Yulong-owned pre-trainers.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Overseeing daily care and supervision of breakers and pre-trainers,
- Education and conditioning of young stock,
- Overseeing daily care and supervision of horses,
- Re-educating horses to resolve problems,
- Recruitment, management and training of staff for the facility,
- Managing all injuries and medical issues in conjunction with the Yulong veterinary team.
To be successful, you must possess:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Breaking and Pre-Training,
- Knowledge and experience of horse breaking, training and handling methods specific to thoroughbreds,
- Proven ability to train and condition young horses,
- Ability to plan and implement training regimes and feeding plans,
- Computer literacy and ability to record and maintain all horse training data,
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work within a team environment and independently,
- Knowledge of and experience in safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment,
- Ability to manage a team of staff, including training new staff,
- Ability to liaise with senior management and fellow workers,
- Current driver’s licence (a M.R Licence would be highly regarded).
This is a newly created position and will play a vital role in the success of our racehorses by ensuring they have a solid educational foundation.
You will be well-presented, a clear communicator and have a desire to achieve great results.
This full-time position is ideally suited to someone looking for a long-term commitment to a premium, growing brand. A generous remuneration package, including accommodation and a company vehicle, is available for the successful applicant.
Please click the apply button to apply.