Operations Coordinator (maternity cover)
Weyhill International Horse Transport Ltd
Weyhill International Horse Transport Ltd has been transporting horses for fifty five years. Working across the thoroughbred and non-thoroughbred world (racing, polo, competition and leisure) overwhelmingly with businesses but also individual owners, we offer a professional and completely bespoke solution for any horse to any destination worldwide.
We now need maternity cover for one of our Operations Co-ordinators. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, office based and co-ordinating work, vehicles and drivers, you will be one of a team responsible for the day-to-day running of operations as well as the accurate collation and processing of data which is essential to the work we do. This is a business-critical position offering the opportunity to be central to a small but growing, busy company in a fascinating sector and we see the post being for at least 12 months starting this September (2023).
Your role will include:
- Learning and absorbing key facts around complex legislation (e.g. transport requirements post-Brexit, Drivers Hours)
- Effectively assessing data requirements for particular transport jobs (with on-the-job training and support)
- Completing applicable forms and paperwork
- Managing information in databases and online portals, making sure data is accurate and up-to-date
- Providing excellent customer service to our clients by telephone and email, asking the right questions and helping to guide and advise them
- Planning and making arrangements for each job, vehicle and driver (within our fleet of coach-built horseboxes and team of experienced drivers)
- Production of the job instructions and coordinating details
- Helping manage vehicle maintenance and stock control, organising repairs and orders, and keeping up-to-date accurate records
You will need:
- Excellent attention to detail
- To be naturally organised and manage your time well in a fast-moving environment
- Great IT skills (in-depth knowledge of Excel is essential and Access database management would be an advantage)
- To be able to plan routes, read maps and work out job timings whilst adhering to tachograph legislation
- To be a clear concise communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Discretion, as maintaining client confidentiality is vital
- Overall to be ‘a safe pair of hands’ – trustworthy and confident to work alone when necessary (following training)
Though not essential, if you do have an interest in the thoroughbred world this is an excellent role in which to deepen and expand your knowledge.
For the right candidate we’re willing to consider some flexibility over working hours and/or an element of remote working.