This role involves a wide variety of tasks, and the successful candidate will become the right-hand person to the CEO. It is a senior role with the need to be able solve problems before they happen by anticipating future issues and planning for contingencies and addressing them in advance.
The ROA team is multi-skilled across multi-channels and therefore there are occasions when there needs to be a readiness to roll up the sleeves and take on a tasks to ensure the smooth running of the association.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage the CEO’s busy schedule, prioritising appointments, meetings, and engagements. Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, including high-profile individuals.
- Provide support in the planning and coordination of board and committee meetings, including agenda preparation, minute-taking, and follow-up action items.
- Organise and coordinate internal and external events, conferences, and seminars.
- Manage logistical aspects, including venue sourcing, catering, accommodation, and guest invitations Collaborate with other colleagues and support staff, providing assistance as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the CEO’s office.
- Foster positive working relationships and contribute to a professional and productive work environment.