Hereford Racecourse has an exciting job opportunity for a Groundsperson to join the existing Estates team. We are looking for someone who is looking for their next challenge and can hit the ground running.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Grounds Person...
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- Under the direction of the Clerk of the Course, carry out a maintenance programme for the course. The work entails working outside in changing and often inclement weather conditions and can be physically demanding.
- To assist in preparing the course for racing – to include preparation and reinstatement of the course before, after and during racing, this to include:- Use of tractors, machinery and all weather maintenance equipment as required.
- Maintain all lawn and garden areas and parade rings with particular attention to raceday and event presentation.
- General maintenance of external areas, to include car parks, tracks, tarmac areas and horsebox park.
- Ensure all external areas are free from weeds, rubbish and leaves.
- You will be required to use various gardening, agricultural equipment, machinery, vehicles and chemicals in the process of carrying out your duties.
- Abide by all regulations and safe working practices in accordance with current legislation and as detailed in the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- Due to the nature of this role, working unsocial hours will be a frequent occurrence, including late evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Work Well in a team and have initiative to work by yourself.
- Working closely with Clerk of Course and other officials such as BHA.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. The racecourse business is a dynamic and challenging environment and on occasion you will be required to assist in duties outside of those detailed in this job description and therefore a flexible approach is required
About the role:
If you have a passion for working outdoors and an understanding of turf maintenance, then we would like to hear from you. As a Grounds Person at Hereford Racecourse you will be motivated by our Head Grounds Person and supported by the team.
The person we are looking for as a Grounds Person has…
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent attendance record
• Flexible approach to working
• Works well under pressure
• Good Communication Skills
• Enjoy outdoor working
• Full clean driving licence
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.