We are looking for a full-time secretary to join our busy ambulatory department, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. There is a requirement to cover the practice phones on Saturday mornings and Bank Holidays as part of a rota. The role requires some flexibility with regard to hours.
- Export paperwork for horses travelling to different countries: liaising with shipping agents and vets accordingly; completing export health certificates; preparing quotations.
- Typing of reports; markings forms; insurance certificates; vetting certificates
- Answering the telephone
- Taking messages for the ambulatory department; arranging visits; dealing with emergency calls.
- Updating passports and maintaining the passport log
- Supporting colleagues; covering their work when required
- General office duties (eg filing, archiving, faxing, copying and scanning documents etc)
- Providing cover at our Tattersalls office during sales may be required
The ideal candidate will possess:-
- Exemplary organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Diligence and high level of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft IT skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or alone
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Some understanding of the equine industry would be advantageous
For further information about this position, please contact Laura Raistrick on 01638 782000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the above position, please send a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com