Manor House Stables are looking for a motivated, hard-working individual to work alongside their Head Grounds Man to cover all aspects of site maintenance. You will have a positive approach to the workplace, taking pride in delivering across all areas of site management, with excellent attention to detail.
You will be responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of Manor House Stables. To include, but not limited to:
- Harrowing and maintaining the gallops and trotting rings.
- Maintenance of paddocks, to include topping, harrowing and fence repairs.
- Daily emptying of muck trailers.
- Distribution of pallets of feed and bedding to the yards.
- Basic maintenance of horseboxes.
- Regular mowing of all grass.
- Maintenance of all buildings.
- Maintenance and development of gardens to include hedge cutting and strimming.
- Responsible for care and upkeep of all farm machinery (working with external contractors where appropriate), to include ensuring safe working order, organising repairs, servicing and replacement parts as necessary.
Additional varied duties will also be required in connection with the daily running of a flat race yard, therefore an adaptable and motivated approach is required.
Position could be varied for applicants who wish to ride out or be based partly on the yard.
Full clean driving license required (Tractor license preferable).
Generous package available for the right application, in addition to opportunities for full and part time hours. Please get in touch to discuss further.