We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable General Manager at Great Yarmouth Racecourse.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a General Manager...
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- Managing the relationship between site respective sales hub to maximise sales.
- Lead the relationship between site and catering hub teams to deliver the required customer experience within the site.
- Apply a generalist approach to all activities and requests, taking a hands-on approach to all tasks required on site.
- Deliver site-based show rounds and customer engagement initiatives on site.
- Respond to all site-based queries; including liaisons with annual members, owners and trainers etc
- To build, manage and maintain relationships with all stakeholders including key customers, horsemen, owners, sponsors, bookmakers, media, industry organisations and contractors.
- Implement and maintain all racing industry regulations and adopt best practice.
- To portray the Racecourse and ARC in the best possible light, at all times, whilst adhering to, and promoting when possible, the company’s brand values to enhance or protect its reputation.
- To encourage a mindset of flexible working within the team to cover business trends and support for colleagues
- To comply with national employment law and adhere to the ARC employment policy, to ensure all staff have a safe and comfortable working environment, with the necessary equipment, to deliver all aspects of their roles, as conditions and resources allow.
- To deliver an enhanced team performance through the appraisal, training and motivation of staff to ensure maximum engagement with their targets and objectives, as well as those for the ARC Group.
- To performance manage, or take disciplinary action as necessary, whilst adhering to the company employment policy and employee hand book.
- To ensure a consistent dialogue with Owners & Trainers is maintained to maximise runners and the Owners experience on a race meeting
- To embrace the Group’s policy on horse and jockey welfare, ensuring medical facilities and staff are provided to the highest standard, and are in accordance with the appropriate BHAGI.
- To liaise with the divisional catering team and Head of Catering & Events to deliver all financial and operational requirements
Please see attached job description for full list of job responsibilities.
About the role:
The General Manager will work under the leadership of the Regional Director North to deliver operational aspects of the venue including, but not limited to, Racing, EVH and Hotel (if applicable).
The General Manager will be responsible for assisting strategic business planning, operational planning and execution. Personnel development of the site team will be at the forefront of a General Manager’s responsibilities.
The person we are looking for as a General Manager has…..
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in all operational aspects of venue delivery, ideally within a Racecourse/Stadia environment.
- Must have a strong background in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders including key customers.
- Previous experience in enhancing team performance through appraisal, training and motivation to ensure targets and objectives are met.
- Strong planning experience for event preparation, delivery and breakdown
- Business Management qualification to HND level or above, relevant vocational qualification of industry experience
- Excellent organisation skills with a strong problem-solving attitude.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of setting and achieving financial targets.
- Keen eye for detail
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.