An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone with great attention to detail to join our busy team in a diverse stud admin role. Tomlinson Equine is a vet practice and stud striving to provide excellent customer service across ambulatory and cutting-edge reproduction work. We are looking for a professional, efficient and experienced administrator to support the team and keep our stud office running efficiently. The ideal person will be pro-active and self-motivated and used to working in a busy environment.
Whilst the role is primarily office based, the position requires an awareness of every area of the business at all times therefore previous experience working in the equine industry (as well as hands-on equine experience) is desirable. The Office is often the first point of contact with clients, suppliers and other areas of the business; the role therefore requires quick decision-making and knowledge of all areas within the practice and the horses resident at the centre.
Key Requirements are:
• Data entry & record keeping including knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
• Client communications both verbal & written
• Client invoicing, payments, queries & debtor chasing
• Orders, Deliveries & Purchase invoices
• Assisting Vets – eg. Lab submissions, Results processing, diary management, client communications, data entry
• Horse husbandry related matters (such as Admissions, Discharges and accurate recording keeping for resident horse farrier & worming etc)
• Equine knowledge, ideally of breeding as well
• Excellent team player with strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task
Due to the nature of the organisation, occasional after hours/weekend work may be required.
Full time position. Salary commensurate with experience