An exciting opportunity to be part of the Sky Sports Racing team.
Sky Sports Racing is about delivering the best possible horse racing coverage and services to the widest possible audience. We want to popularise the sport and provide our viewers with informative and engaging content. Above all, we try to ensure that everything we do reflects the dynamism, appeal and excitement of the sport we love. We have rights to over 650 UK fixtures including Royal Ascot, the St Leger, the Cotal Gold Cup and Chester’s May Festival. We provide live international racing coverage from the Breeders’ Cup, Kentucky Derby, Melbourne Cup Carnival and French racing’s calendar of 241 Flat Pattern races.
About the Role
We are looking for an Assistant Producer to be part of the live output team delivering world class programmes for Sky Sports Racing for use across platforms. This is a fulltime position that will be based at Osterley.
• Assist on the editorial production of the live output of the channel.
• Desk-top editing on Avid to a high standard while hitting rolling deadlines for the channel.
• Coordination of replays and live material such as interviews and colour footage in the gallery.
• Plan and source future programming content.
• Media management and clips production.
• Communicate plans effectively to the production team and others across the business.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, interpret instructions, react quickly to events and meet tight deadlines in all live environments.
• Video editing ability or desire to learn.
• Excellent communicator.
• Self-motivated and adaptable.
• Strong initiative, imagination and ability to generate ideas.
• Enthusiastic attitude.
• Strong writing and editorial skills.
• Computer literate.
• Flexibility with working hours.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and are an equal opportunities employer. We strive to create a working environment that is inclusive, where all can be heard and valued for their contributions. We welcome applications from all suitably experienced candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or whether they are married or in a civil partnership.
*If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions
The Assistant Producer position comes with full healthcare, pension and further benefits.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application is Wednesday 23rd November 2023.