Role: Social Media Executive
Reporting to: Social Media Lead
Direct Reports: None
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Attendance in our offices in Ealing and Victoria when required is essential
Hours of work: Average of 40 hours p/w, based on 7-days-per-fortnight shift pattern, including weekends
Racecourse Media Group is the umbrella organisation for those 35 racecourses which hold an interest in Racing TV (Sky 426, Virgin 536 and 411), Racing TV International (international betting shop/digital service) and Racecourse Data Company (licensor of Pre-Race Data). Racing TV and Racing TV International also broadcast racing from all 26 Irish racecourses.
Job Purpose: With 60,000 members enjoying the best of the racing action from Britain and Ireland, Racing TV’s broadcast TV channel is watched by every serious fan of the sport. But our digital content has a far wider reach and our social media channels have a combined following of over 500,000.
By producing engaging, interesting content, our social channels serve a variety of purposes, including promoting the wider content available on the channel and Racing TV Extra, but also playing an ambassadorial role on behalf of our racecourses and the sport of horse racing, helping to reach future followers of the sport – and possibly future Racing TV members!
Working in tandem with the Social Media Lead, Racing TV are looking to take their social channels to the next level. Greater engagement, wider reach and producing content that appeals to a bigger audience are all key pillars of our aims across our social networks. You will be tasked with helping make these aims a reality by helping to contribute fresh and exciting new content ideas, while building on the successes we have already achieved.
You’ll need to be confident and self-motivated, able both to work alongside different teams to reach defined targets, and comfortable with making decisions based on both creative and commercial considerations. Racing TV is currently operating a hybrid working policy, but you will need to be able to work from both our head office in Central London and our broadcast studios in Ealing when required.
Attention to detail and accurate spelling and grammar will be vital as social media can offer little mercy for errors, but you’ll make the most of our video archive and our team of broadcast talent to share your passion for the sport and take our social media content to the next level.
- Help lead the generation, curation and creation of new content across social channels.
- Support social media engagement initiatives such as competitions and promotions.
- Active role in producing daily content across socials, including production of near-live clips using Grabyo.
- Collaborate on the production of content for racecourses across social.
- Posting across multiple accounts on a daily basis.
- Oversight and assistance with Racing TV’s #Raceday social media channels
- Monitor and maintain social media channels for Racing TV brands to react to breaking news.
- Be at the forefront of composing new ideas for social purposes.
- Distillation and implementation of a clear social media strategy that is aligned with Racing TV’s goals
- Helping collate data analytics for reports on the performance of social media platforms to the wider business.
- Collaboration with the marketing, racecourse and digital teams to help support their objectives.
How to apply:
Please send your covering letter and CV by midnight on Thursday 23rd November 2023 by clicking the Apply button.
RMG Operations is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, age or political or religious belief in its recruitment or other employment policies.