Job title: Marketing Executive
Based at: Kempton Park or Sandown Park Racecourse
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join our team primarily driving revenue and ownership of marketing for Kempton Park Racecourse. A key member of our amazing London Marketing team this role will also assist at Sandown Park & Epsom Downs Racecourse through execution of marketing plans and entertainment activities.
About The Jockey Club
The Jockey Club stages thrilling sporting occasions and live events nationwide including The Grand National, The Cheltenham Festival & The Derby. Owning & operating 15 courses, millions of people every year enjoy the special experiences we offer through racing, music, food and entertainment on racedays and beyond.
As the largest commercial group in British racing, we are guided by our mission to act for the long term good of the sport. Every penny we make goes back into racing to promote excellence within Britain’s second biggest spectator sport. Our people are what makes this possible
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.
The Marketing Executive will
• Support the development of racecourse and raceday specific marketing strategies and plans covering admissions and hospitality alongside senior marketing team.
• Have ownership of all racecourse & raceday specific marketing spend plans to optimise ROI.
• Provide on-site marketing support and activities across racedays as required.
• Work closely with the in-house digital team on plans for racedays and generic awareness of various revenue streams
• Brief, approve and execute various creative requirements for racedays across brand & CRM.
• Attend and prepare a presentation for racecourse committee meetings quarterly.
• Deliver the planning, execution and on-site management of racecourse entertainment including DJ’s, celebrities, bands etc.
• Create and lead the strategy to put the community at the heart of all we do by creating local awareness and positive community impact across our London racecourses.
• Website: To ensure that website and app platforms stay fresh and relevant by regularly updating content and customer journeys based on the over-arching strategy and direction.
• Social Media: To produce local-level content as required for use both on local channels and group-wide channels if required & to regularly post pre, on the day and post raceday/event.
• A genuine passion for marketing with proven experience in a similar role
• Comfortable collaborating with teams across multiple marketing functions including CRM, Digital, PR & Brand/Creative
• Financially savvy capable of looking at ‘the numbers’ commercially.
• Outstanding communicator able to influence a varied range of stakeholder.
• Positive, can-do attitude to the workplace with a hands-on approach.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment bringing your energy and passion to the workplace.
• Maniacally focused and organised with excellent attention to detail.
• Excited about making a difference within a fun, supportive team.
What we offer in return
• All colleagues can go along to any of our race day or music events free of charge - along with 3 friends or family with our TeamPass Ticket scheme.
• An award-winning pension scheme provider with a generous employer contribution
• A healthcare cash back plan enabling you to claim money back on health & wellbeing services.
• 25 days annual leave
• Access to a suite of Learning & Development training resources from renowned providers
• A whole host of other benefits including free eyecare vouchers, a ride to work cycle scheme & discounts across varying retailers & services.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you. Don’t hang around, our closing date for this vacancy is 28 th November but we reserve the right to bring this forward if we have many applications.
This role may be subject to a criminal record check, standard or enhanced DBS check or BHA Suitability Check. By applying you confirm that you are happy for these checks to be carried out.