Job title: Hospitality Sales Executive
Based at: Cheltenham Racecourse
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Open to part time applicants)
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Hospitality Sales Executive to join our team at Cheltenham Racecourse as part of our National Commercial team.
About The Jockey Club
The Jockey Club stages thrilling sporting occasions and live events nationwide including The Grand National, The Cheltenham Festival & The Derby. Owning & operating 15 course’s, millions of people every year enjoy the special experiences we offer through racing, music, food and entertainment on raceday’s and beyond.
As the largest commercial group in British racing, we are guided by our mission to act for the long term good of the sport. Every penny we make goes back into racing to promote excellence within Britain’s second biggest spectator sport. Our people are what makes this possible
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.
The Hospitality Sales Executive will
• Identify and target new commercial customers and sectors.
• Achieve business targets through proactive sales, including generating and attending client meetings.
• Participate & host client site visits, meetings, exhibitions & open days.
• Grow business from the existing customer base to meet targets, ensuring strong levels of repeat business.
• Responsible for meeting and corresponding with all potential clients, handling, and converting incoming enquiries and contracting bookings.
• Proactively sell to all prospective customers, by researching them thoroughly and using conversion tactics to win new business for the Region and Group
• Provide accurate weekly sales and activity reports.
• You will have experience of being successful in a sales and target driven environment
• You will be an excellent communicator able to lead meetings effectively both over the phone and in person.
• You will have proven track record of developing long-term relationships with new and existing clients providing them with a premium service to help grow accounts.
• You will have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• You will have a strong ability to prioritise and meet deadlines with an excellent attention to detail.
What we offer in return
• All colleagues can go along to any of our race day or music events free of charge - along with 3 friends or family with our TeamPass Ticket scheme.
• An award-winning pension scheme provider with a generous employer contribution
• A healthcare cash back plan enabling you to claim money back on health & wellbeing services.
• Competitive salary with generous bonus structure
• 25 days annual leave
• Access to a suite of Learning & Development training resources from renowned providers
• A whole host of other benefits including free eyecare vouchers, a ride to work cycle scheme & discounts across varying retailers & services.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you. Don’t hang around, our closing date for this vacancy is 27th December but we reserve the right to bring this forward if we have many applications.