Job title: CRO Manager
Based at: Location flexible.
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the role
As a CRO Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve our website conversion rates. This will involve a variety of tasks that will require a laser focus on analytics, testing and optimising our digital user journeys plus rolling out our website personalisation program.
About The Jockey Club
The Jockey Club stages thrilling sporting occasions and live events nationwide including The Grand National, The Cheltenham Festival & The Derby. Owning & operating 15 courses, millions of people every year enjoy the special experiences we offer through racing, music, food and entertainment on racedays and beyond.
As the largest commercial group in British racing, we are guided by our mission to act for the long term good of the sport. Every penny we make goes back into racing to promote excellence within Britain’s second biggest spectator sport. Our people are what makes this possible
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.
The CRO Manager will
• Be accountable for the growth in our Conversion rates, Basket size and ultimately online turnover on an annual basis.
• Define and implement a clear and robust CRO strategy looking at both short term quick wins and the longer term that covers both testing and personalisation.
• Carry out regular quantitative and qualitative research on customers to understand conversion data using surveys, polls, heat maps and recordings.
• Understand the digital customer journey and continuously look to optimise and improve.
• Building, designing, implementing A/B and MVT tests and sharing learnings with wider team and business.
• Use data visualisation best practices to communicate test results to internal stakeholders.
• Defining the digital analytics, personalisation and CRO toolset
• Adopt a data-first approach to understand, analyse, report and act on the data available to us using Google Analytics and other CRO-related platforms.
• Analysing user data through Google Analytics to identify opportunities for optimisation within the funnel.
• Informing, iterating, and challenging our product backlog through data.
• Managing and implementing tagging with GTM across our digital properties
• Working closely with Performance marketing team, Website and App Manager and SEO manager to drive optimisation across campaigns, channels, and landing pages.
• Exceptionally motivated, passionate with an ability to work in self- directed, fast- paced, result- oriented environment.
• Outstanding communicator able to simplify complex problems and data sets to develop data- led stories to influence wide range of stakeholders.
• Deep understanding of consumers and how to influence consumer behaviours and personalisation techniques across the digital eco system.
• Highly data-driven, with a user-first approach to solving commercial challenges.
• Solid organisational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines.
• Analytically minded with the ability to granularly analyse complex data and make clear strategic recommendations.
• Team-oriented, collaborative and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get stuck in
• Experienced CRO professional with proven ability in analytics, website management and the end-to-end CRO process
• Extensive experience in managing, planning, and executing A/B, MV testing and personalisation using various tools and resources.
• Able to manage roadmaps of testing initiatives, managing timelines, writing functional requirements, and seeing initiatives through execution.
• Experienced in using Google Analytics, A/B testing tools and personalisation platforms.
What we offer in return
• All colleagues can go along to any of our race day or music events free of charge - along with 3 friends or family with our TeamPass Ticket scheme.
• An award-winning pension scheme provider with a generous employer contribution
• A healthcare cash back plan enabling you to claim money back on health & wellbeing services.
• 25 days annual leave
• Access to a suite of Learning & Development training resources from renowned providers
• A whole host of other benefits including free eyecare vouchers, a ride to work cycle scheme & discounts across varying retailers & services.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you. Don’t hang around, our closing date for this vacancy is 13th December but we reserve the right to bring this forward if we have many applications.
This role may be subject to a criminal record check, standard or enhanced DBS check or BHA Suitability Check. By applying you confirm that you are happy for these checks to be carried out.