Job title: Graphic Designer
Based at: Location Flexible (Able to commute to Sandown Park)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the role
As a brand and creative team, we strive to deliver compelling brand, creative and campaign propositions to ensure our sport connects with existing and new audiences, to thrive for years to come.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and talented Graphic Designer to play an integral role in our in-house Creative Studio at The Jockey Club. You'll be responsible for creating engaging, best-in-class, and impactful work across all brand touchpoints.
About The Jockey Club
The Jockey Club stages thrilling sporting occasions and live events nationwide including The Grand National, The Cheltenham Festival & The Derby. Owning & operating 15 course’s, millions of people every year enjoy the special experiences we offer through racing, music, food and entertainment on raceday’s and beyond.
As the largest commercial group in British racing, we are guided by our mission to act for the long term good of the sport. Every penny we make goes back into racing to promote excellence within Britain’s second biggest spectator sport. Our people are what makes this possible
At The Jockey Club, people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.
The Graphic Designer will
• Have clear commercial acumen to bring to life The Jockey Club brand world and set of design principles & guidelines across our core Jockey Club brand, our key festivals and our respective racecourses. You will seek the opportunity to create impact creatively and will play a part in ensuring that the creative team are delivering a level of service that is in line with our brand principles.
• Work with the creative team to produce high quality design work for the wider business across a variety of projects. Work will vary from long-term creative projects to day-to-day tasks with the same standards of delivery applied consistently. The same is true about the different mediums you will design for, and you should be comfortable taking a project from beginning to end, making it print ready or pixel perfect.
• Act as the brand guardian, working within our guidelines to educate the wider team about the correct usage of our brand. Producing content not only for the core brand but also for our key festivals and 14 racecourses.
• Play a key role in creating consistent and effective race day branding and design assets across our racecourses.
• Provide integrated creative output across a wide variety of touch points such as email, social, publications, signage, large-format, retail, advertising, packaging etc. Whilst being able to understand and ensure the correct processes are deployed to ensure consistent results.
• Support with the design of social media creative and working with the Social Media team to supply relevant and inspiring assets that enhance the overall social offering.
• Seek out inspiration from the design/advertising world to share internally with the brand and design team and develop own creative and design skills. Be passionate about emerging trends in the sports, creative and digital space, engaging with the wider communities and sharing learnings with the team.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign producing both print and digital. Working experience on motion and video graphics, especially After Effects is advantageous.
• An appetite and aptitude for innovative, unique, and eye-catching creative. They must display a passion and understanding for design which stands out in the market, to build deeper connections with our consumers, and create an enhanced reputation for The Jockey Club
• Have a good eye for detail, to ensure the highest quality and accuracy of materials leaving the studio.
• A passion for sport and live sporting events.
• Proven experience in concepting modern and engaging multi-channel design.
• Demonstrate the ability to judge priorities across several briefs and varied levels of activity.
• Able to work to strict deadlines amid a fast-paced environment.
• Proactive and able to take initiative.
• Understanding of current styles and trends.
• Exceptional design and typographic skills with a drive to learn more.
• High levels of energy and enthusiasm with a creative driven mind.
• Ability to think laterally and provide ideas with value.
What we offer in return
• All colleagues can go along to any of our race day or music events free of charge - along with 3 friends or family with our TeamPass Ticket scheme.
• An award-winning pension scheme provider with a generous employer contribution
• A healthcare cash back plan enabling you to claim money back on health & wellbeing services.
• 25 days annual leave
• Access to a suite of Learning & Development training resources from renowned providers
• A whole host of other benefits including free eyecare vouchers, a ride to work cycle scheme & discounts across varying retailers & services.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you. Don’t hang around, our closing date for this vacancy is 2 nd January but we reserve the right to bring this forward if we have many applications.